Sunday, January 06, 2013

With Words


6/365 - With Words

Tiles, A Sign, Handwriting
Oh the excitement of starting a new book. I love to read. As with all the other hobbies in my life, I love starting something new. Unlike all my other hobbies tho, I do a much better job at finishing a book before starting another one. There have been a few times that I struggle with a book to the point of putting it down and reading something else. There are way too many books out there that I want to read to waste precious time on something that I don't like.
I am hopeful that I can keep a book journal of all the books I read this year. I bought a nice moleskin book journal a couple of years ago and did pretty good at writing in it for a few months but haven't touched it since. There are preprinted pages that have space for date read, title, author, quotes, my opinion and rating. I think it would be very interesting to see how many books I read in one year and what I thought of them.
I just started #9 in the Elm Creek Quilts series by Jennifer Chiaverini last night and have enjoyed it so far. These books motivate me to quilt but not to the point that I get very much accomplished. At least I can live the quilting dream about finishing quilts through these books.
The 3 ideas for this prompt were intriguing and I thought about going with the sign idea but books are such a big part of my life it was only natural that I would photography the book I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment