Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Beginnings


2/365 - New Beginnings

New, Effort, Fresh
I know this looks like just another new journal but its much more than that. Its a book that has 12 sections. Each section consists of 5 lined pages, followed by a photo sleeve that holds 4 pictures and then a pocket page. It is a new book for my 52 Project. I love the new book with nothing in it yet, just waiting to be filled with tidbits of life.
It may seem silly to some, that I would embark on another yearly project but I chose this project because of the photo/journal combination. It will take alot of effort on my part to keep up with both projects but I am willing to try.
My plan for the book is to use one page per week (front and back if needed) to journal. I'm trying a different approach to my journaling this year. I've come up with my own term "jot journaling". Instead of feeling bogged down by sitting for an extended period of time and writing about everything that happened and all my feelings for that day, I'm going to jot things down. Whether it be what we did or how I was feeling or any other things that come to mind. I feel like that seems so much easier without all the pressure to fill journals with complete sentences and paragraphs and to cover every single thing everyday. With that in mind, I have the confidence that its something that I can accomplish and follow through with. At least I am encouraged right now.
I will pick out my favorite picture for each week and get them printed (probably print monthly) and put those 4 pictures in the photo page. Not sure how I will use the pocket pages yet.
I'm looking forward to the fresh start to my 365 project and the new 52 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment