Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Debbie, My Sister-in-Law and Friend



Seven years ago today I lost a very good friend. Debbie was my sister-in-law but she was also my friend. We didn't get to spend alot of time together because we never lived close to each other.
Debbie LOVED M&Ms, and I do mean loved. She called me so excited one day to tell me she had lost 10 pounds. I asked her how she had done it and she said she quit eating M&Ms. My response was "Well, good grief, how many M&Ms were you eating?". She said she had them on her desk at work, on the kitchen counter, beside her chair in the living room and on her bedside table.
One of our favorite things to do together was make M&M cookies and drink diet Coke. Debbie ate as much dough as she did cookies but we sure had fun making them.
Debbie was diagnosed with colon cancer in late October and left us on Dec 5th. The day after Thanksgiving when Mom and I were in Branson, Mom bought Debbie this M&M house thats part of the original snow village. Debbie was spending alot of time sleeping by this time but Jimmy put the house up for her right beside her bed so she could see it. After she passed away, Jimmy asked if I wanted the house. I have several pieces of the snow village but this is by far the most special one. I think of her often but especially at Christmas when I get "her" house out.


No comments:

Post a Comment